There’s no better way to discover the islands of French Polynesia than from the sea. That moment of pure magic when you first sight the jagged peaks of a volcanic island or the fringing reef of an atoll rising up out of the ocean. Numerous charter companies hire yachts, with or without skipper, for you to sail away to the islands on a voyage of discovery.
SAILING IN THE ISLANDS OF TAHITI
PROMOTIONAL VIDEOSAILBOAT CRUISE
A UNIQUE EXPERIENCEDISCOVER THE ISLANDS OF TAHITI
The Islands of Tahiti are a veritable paradise for yachtsmen and women. With a large choice of options, from a simple cabin to an entire yacht, with family, friends, or someone special, sailing in our islands is a unique experience.
Where to stay
From furnished apartment to luxury suite, charter yachts offer the same choice of accommodation as on land – a floating hotel to suit everyone and every budget. And there’s no need to worry if you suffer from sea-sickness, because the lagoons of The Islands of Tahiti are protected by coral reefs, so the ocean swell won’t rock the boat!
If you’re not an experienced yachtsman or woman, you can hire the services of a skipper and a hostess, so you can just relax and enjoy the views. The professional crews know the islands extremely well and they’ll take you to spots that you’d never find otherwise – isolated waterfalls, gathering places for manta rays, secluded shallows for swimming and snorkeling…
Biosecurity formalitiesfor vessels arriving from a port outside French Polynesia
MANDATORY for all vessels arriving from an OUTSIDE PORT of French Polynesia (F.P.)
- Inform the Biosafety Department in Motu-Uta via firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are traveling with a pet, contact the Zoo-Sanitary Unit for your biosafety formalities via email@example.com
- If your vessel has touched an infested port* in the 9 months before its arrival in the P.F :
– You MUST dock at the port of Papeete in TAHITI;
– Docking of the vessel only between 6:30 am and 4:30 pm
- If your vessel Did NOT touch an infested port* in the 9 months prior to its arrival in P.F., your vessel must dock at an official port of entry in the F.P.
* from a country, territory or area known to be infested with Oryctes spp. and Scapanes spp. – Order 2471 CM of November 4, 2021 (texts in French language only)
source of the article: La Direction de La Biosécurité.